The Spirit of Giving
Holidays can bring out the best in people. Giving has always been a key part of Native culture.
Atlantic Canada's First Nation Help Desk and Industry Canada are teaming up to recognize projects that give back to First Nation communities.
Let's give our young people recognition for their spirit of giving!
Artwork: Bailey Piercey,
||Thursday, January 10, 2002
||Entries must be from First Nation schools, classes, or youth organizations in Atlantic Canada.|
- Grand Prize: Pentium-III computer (per Industry Canada guidelines)
- Second Prize: Digital camera
- Third Prize: Image scanner
Canada's First Nation Help Desk
47 Maillard Street, Sydney, NS B1S 2P5
Phone (toll free): 1-877-484-7606 or 567-0842, Fax: 902 567-0337
- Conduct a Holiday program that allows students to give back to the people.
- Document the activity. (Stories, photos, video, or web pages are good media for young reporters!)
Entries will be judged impartially by a Help Desk committee.
(In this case, it will be impossible to keep entries anonymous!)
Atlantic Canada's First Nation Help Desk
Copyright © 1999 - 2005