1. What tribes were among the first Indian tribes in Northeastern North America to encounter colonial Europeans?
2. Who was the first Micmac convert gained by the French clergy in 1610?
3. Taqamkuk is the Micmac word for which of these Islands?
a)Prince Edward Island
b)Cape Breton Island
d)St. Paul Island
4. Santu Tony was a historical figure whose parents were of which of the following mixed tribes?
5. Which of the following was the name of the famous Micmac guide who led the early explorer, William Cormack, across the interior of Newfoundland?
1-c, 2-b, 3-c, 4-d, 5-b All above information came from the book "On The Country" the Micmac of Newfoundland. Harry Cuff publications ltd. St. John's Newfoundland 1993
Conne River, Newfoundland and Labrador
Return to Contest Entries